Saturday, April 2, 2016

Autism Acceptance Month & Asperger's Documentary FREE Showing

Don't forget! The showing of my documentary "Through Our Eyes: Living with Asperger's" (the extended version) at the Arcada Theater is coming up April 19th!


RSVP Here ➤ http://mvse.org/through-our-eyes-living-aspergers-syndrome 
Join the Facebook event ➤ https://www.facebook.com/events/1753851368179173/
Share my doc on YouTube for Autism Awareness/Acceptance ➤ https://youtu.be/2TSlti5bioQ

Hi, I'm Alyssa, and I have Aspergers Syndrome. I don't like putting myself in front of the camera so heres some footage of me I happen to have.

Today is World Autism Awareness Day. Though me and many other aspies would prefer to call it World Autism Acceptance Day, because there's plenty of awareness already. It's one thing to recognize someone with autism. It's another thing to accept who they are and help them feel like they belong.

To help spread acceptance of Asperger's and autism, I produced "Through Our Eyes: Living with Asperger's," a documentary from the perspectives of people like me.

And I wanted to announce that there will be a FREE showing of the film coming up this month! This will be an extended version of the film, not the 32 minute version on YouTube.

The event will be April 19th at the Arcada in St. Charles IL. It is free to attend, but there will be limited seating, so each person needs to reserve their seat ahead of time. So please register soon via the link in the description if you are going!

Feel free to invite your friends, family, teachers, parents, employers, or anyone else who may benefit from seeing the film, including individuals on the autism spectrum. The theater will be autism friendly.

Also I will be at this event and I'll be available for a Q&A, so if any of you who have seen my film already want to meet me, I will be there. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment